Many of you are already in goal setting mode as we get closer to a new year. But, simply goal setting may not be enough. When you follow a full year end process that begins with a review and celebration of the outgoing year, you will find that the goals you set can be better than ever. Here is a simple process that will help you truly close out one year and begin the next.
The Year in Review:
Listing your wins and accomplishments for the outgoing year is an important step in acknowledging and owning your successes. Most people who do this process are surprised to see how much they really achieve. Focusing on your achievements for the past year will also support a mindset of possibilities that will assist you in setting goals for the year ahead.
- Gather any materials that will help remind you of your wins for the year. Calendars, journals, photos, or even your Facebook timeline can be helpful.
- List your wins. I recommend a minimum of 50. Remember – no win is too small.
- Take some time to reflect on your year and acknowledge yourself for how you lived it.
The Year Ahead – Goal Setting:
Creating a clear and heartfelt plan for the coming year will provide focus and contribute to your success in having another winning year.
- If possible, go to a quiet place in nature or a space that feels nurturing to do this process.
- Think about each of the areas of your business listed below and write down what you would like to make happen in the New Year.
- Rewrite your goals/intentions as if they are already happening now. I am ……
- Create action steps for each goal or intention and set target dates for completion.
- Plan out and schedule your actions steps to support completing by your target date.
- Physical Environment
- Systems and Management
- Client Attraction/Marketing
- Client Retention/ Up leveling Sales
- Client Support and Relationships
- Support Systems/Network
- Effective Time Utilization
- Work/Life Balance
- New Projects or Offerings