There are several ways to begin creating a business, product or program. You can start with what you know best or choose a subject or niche that is really hot and lucrative. I recommend starting with the end in mind.
I’ve worked with coaches who were ready to quit because they had created practices filled with clients who were not ready or a good match. There is no reason to do this. It is important to consciously create your practice and programs in a way that keeps your passion and purpose alive and allows you to serve clients that inspire you. One way to do this is to focus on the needs of your ideal clients. This three step process will help you get started:
- Ask yourself who your favorite clients are? (Or, picture an ideal client.)
- What makes them special?
- What qualities do they share?
- Why do you love working with them?
- Now write a description of your ideal client.
- Ask yourself what problems your ideal clients are facing.
- What solutions are they actively looking for?
- What keeps them up at night or makes them cry?
- Make a list of their burning needs.
- Ask yourself what solutions and answers you can provide for these challenges.
- Write a brainstorming list or mind map matching your skills to their needs.
- Choose the one that feels best to focus on.
When you plan your projects for the clients you love, you will create a business you love. Yes, you can have it all.
If you would like support creating businesses, products, or programs for your ideal clients, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org Linda Lukeby